- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield has many volunteer opportunities available for caring, concerned individuals or organizations. Whether you need a few hours for a class or wish to step in and better serve your community, the Clubs are an excellent way to help connect. You can easily sign up on one of the unit tabs below for any of our four locations, then drop in as you like! Groups of over 5 people, please email us so we may inform the staff.
- Each Unit has a Learning Center equipped with computers and libraries. The Learning Centers enable program staff and volunteers to assist members with homework, computer and keyboarding skills, and provide overall academic support.
- We also have many other areas for volunteers to positively engage with youth: there are Game, Art, Music, Technology, Dance/Fitness Rooms as well as Teen Center, Pre-Teen Center, and our Gymnasiums! Our Musgrave Club has two gyms and an indoor heated swimming pool!
- We serve a free meal each day! It is also free for volunteers and staff. The kids LOVE to have someone to sit and eat with them and ask about their day!
- We have many unique things the kids learn about, which you may be able to add to as a volunteer. We have gardens, dance teams, multi-culture clubs, foreign language clubs and much more. There are also special events, such as fashion shows and talent competitions that our Club members help to organize. We programs for S.T.E.M., technology, drug resistance training, tutoring, money and other life skills and countless other areas where you could help out! If creative writing or math is your thing, we have those clubs, among many others, within our Club too!
- To receive more information concerning Club Programs, contact the Unit where you wish to volunteer. We offer flexible volunteer hours and once you are registered online, you may come in during open hours, no appointment is needed.
If you are majoring in a field where administrative experience would be beneficial, we offer volunteering opportunities in our Admin Office as well. For more information, please contact Cindy Dodson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (417) 862-9249 ext. 104.
- First and foremost, we require that all potential volunteers look over the following documents. These items will give you an overall understanding of the Clubs’ opportunities, as well as a rundown of rules that must be followed in the best interest of you, the BGCS, and most importantly, the kids we are helping.