Risdal Family Center for Great Futures
Teens Need Our Support
Young people are in need of a safe space to go after school. While some have access to care, the local need greatly outweighs the capacity.
As one of the only after-school providers that intentionally serves teens, we believe in the importance of a dedicated space, exclusive to middle and high school youth.
- According to the Missouri DESE, 1,200 middle & high school-aged youth in Springfield are identified as unstably housed
- Nearly 15% of local students seriously considered suicide in 2020, according to the Missouri Student Survey
- Many teens suffered from poor mental health during the pandemic due to stressors such as job loss, hunger and even violence
We anticipate serving 1,000+ teen members, improving grades, attendance and social and emotional skills along the way.
A safe, meaningful environment
The Risdal Family Center for Great Futures would serve as a community hub for all teen needs, offering targeted, life-changing programs in a variety of areas such as:
- The Arts
- Workforce Readiness
- Sports & Recreation
- Health & Wellness
- Character & Citizenship
Support the Teen Center Today
Adding a campus-like atmosphere to Grant Avenue Parkway
The Teen Center will be housed on Grant Avenue Parkway, an off-street pedestrian and bicycle pathway along Grant Avenue between Sunshine Street and College street— right in the heart of Springfield.
Opening in August 2024
- The Teen Center began planning in July 2021
- The first $1,000,000 towards our goal secured in October 2021
- The initial committee was formed in November 2021
- By April 2022, our location was secured and initial renderings were drawn up
- Our Capital Campaign kicked off in Summer 2022
- Construction is planned to begin in Early 2023
- The Grand Opening of the Risdal Family Center for Great Futures will be in August 2024
Our Partnerships Aiding the Center:
- DHTC Development LLC - An affordable 41-unit housing complex will be located next to the Teen Center to provide resources, access and more
- Foster Adopt Connect - Providing in-house, direct access to case management, foster care resources and emergency shelter
- eFactory - Providing entrepreneurship resources, courses and opportunities, ensuring members of the Teen Center will have access to all the support necessary to become successful leaders
- O'Reilly Hospitality Management - Providing jobs, training and learning opportunities for Teen Center members and families to aid our REACH: Workforce Readiness program,
- Springfield Public Schools - Aiding us in bridging academic gaps, supporting Teen Center members academically and encouraging students to become life-long learners
What Will It Cost?
The Capital Campaign Goal is $12,000,000. Let's break that number down:
- Hard Costs: $175 - $200 per square foot, or $8,750,000 - $10,000,000 total
- Soft Costs: $450,000 - $600,000
- Land Cost: $400,000
- Operating Reserve (Three Years): $2,000,000
- In Total: $12,000,000
We have already secured $5,250,000 of our goal!
Help us to make the Risdal Family Center for Great Futures a reality by contributing today!Donate Now:
Teen Center In The News
Springfield Daily Citizen
Boys & Girls Club to build massive 3-story center for teens on Grant Avenue ParkwayRead More:
Boys and Girls Club aims to remove barriers with 3-story teen center in SpringfieldRead More:
Springfield Business Journal
Boys & Girls Clubs plans teen center along Grant Avenue ParkwayRead More:
We are thankful for our sponsors!