- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield has many volunteer opportunities available for caring, concerned individuals or organizations. Whether you need a few hours for a class or wish to step in and better serve your community, the Clubs are an excellent way to help connect. You can easily sign up for any of our 4 local Clubs, then drop in as you like! Groups of over 5 people, please email us so we can inform the staff.
- Each Unit has a Learning Center, which is equipped with computers and libraries. The Learning Centers enable program staff and volunteers to assist members with homework, computer and keyboarding skills, and provide overall academic support.
- We also have many other areas for volunteers! Game Room, Art Room, Music Room, Technology Room, Teen Center, Pre-Teen Center, Dance/Fitness Room and our Gyms! Our Musgrave Club even has 2 gyms and an indoor heated swimming pool!
- We serve a free meal each day! It is also free for volunteers and staff. The kids LOVE to have someone to sit and eat with them and ask about their day!
- We have many unique things the kids learn about, which you may be able to add to as a volunteer. We have gardens, dance teams, multi-culture clubs, foreign language clubs and much more. We often have fashion shows the kids put on and then there is the Anti-Drug classes we offer our kids you could help out with! If creative writing or math is your thing, we have those clubs within our Club too!
- To volunteer or to receive more information concerning Club Programs, contact the Unit where you wish to volunteer. We offer flexible volunteer hours and we allow drop in volunteering, no appointment needed.
**If you are majoring in a field where administrative experience would be beneficial, we offer volunteering opportunities in our Admin Office as well. For more information, please contact Cindy Dodson at email@example.com.
- First and foremost, we require that all potential volunteers look over the following documents. These items will give you an overall understanding of the Clubs’ opportunities, as well as a rundown of rules that must be followed in the best interest of you, the BGCS, and most importantly, the kids we are helping.
*After reading all of the above documents, please fill out one of the following forms to volunteer at the Club location of your choice: