Take a look at all of these program opportunities available at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Springfield!
Call to find out more about how to get your child involved or
how to become a volunteer for the Clubs.
Boys & Girls Club Programs
Character and Leadership Development
Programs in this Core Program Area empower youth to support and influence their Club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, develop a positive self-image, participate in the democratic process and respect their own and others’ cultural identities.
- Youth of the Year
- Torch Clubs (preteen community service club)
- Keystone Clubs (teen community service club)
- Community Service projects
- Special events (American Heritage day, Martin Luther King celebration,etc)
Education and Career Development
Programs in this Core Program Area enable youth to become proficient in basic educational disciplines, apply learning to everyday situations and embrace technology to achieve success in a career.
- Boys & Girls Club Scholarship program (provided $115,00 in support in 2013)
- YEO job training program for teens
- Power Hour (after school tutoring)
- Project Learn
- Technology labs
- Reading program with Springfield/Greene County Library
- Club newspaper staff
- S.T.E.M. chapter at Musgrave (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
Health & Life Skills
Develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals, and develop the competencies to live successfully as self-sufficient adults.
- Mission to Mentor
- Mental Health program (provides individual and group counseling, staff and parent training)
- Healthy meals (served 108,637 meals and 82,441 healthy snacks in 2015)
- Passport to Manhood
- Ronald McDonald Tooth Truck dental services
- Family events (Banquet of Champions, Holiday dinners, seminars)
- Triple play
- Foster grandparent program
- Meth Smart
- KAA Camp (We will send approximately 70 youth for a one week camp)
Sports, Fitness & Recreation
Develop fitness, positive use of leisure time, stress management skills, appreciation for the environment, and social and interpersonal skills.
- Baseball Leagues (over 500 youth participate)
- Basketball Leagues (47 teams, ages 6 to 14)
- Various sports camps (football, basketball, baseball)
- Partnerships with University sports teams
- Swimming (Pool at our Musgrave unit)
- Flag Football league
- Junior Golf
- Quick start tennis
- Games Room activities and tournaments
- Gym Activities
- Field trips (Cardinals games, Lasers tennis, Bears, Panthers and Crusaders games)
- Visits by national sports figures (Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Bobby Knight, Drew Brees, Nick Saban, Bob Gibson)
Enable youth to develop their creative and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of visual and tactile arts and crafts, performing arts and creative writing.
- Guitar Lessons
- B&G Club Image makers photography program
- National Art Contest
- Fine Arts Program
- Field Trips